Sunday 5 February 2012

Day 43 - For the man who helped my dad on the train!

Blogging my dad's memoirs can be very emotional. During Day 42, when I typed in the part where my dad was feeling ill and he mentions that a fellow prisoner rubbed his stomach to try to help him - I was immediately struck by this unknown man's compassion.  I hope he made it back!  

The Dalai Lama wrote this quote on facebook: 

The human capacity to care for others isn't something trivial or something to be taken for granted.  Rather, it is something we should cherish.  Compassion is a marvel of human nature, a precious inner resource, and the foundation of our well being and the harmony of our societies.  If we feel happiness for ourselves we should practice compassion, and if we seek happiness for others we should also practice compassion.




Scroll to Day 1 for Introduction 
This is Blog 43 of 43!



No comments:

Post a Comment