Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 51 - Sullen Sheep


Suddenly, our camp had come alive!  There was a lot of movement and the short, snappy noises of shooting, mostly pistol shots were heard from all over and especially from the direction between the barracks.

Some of our group chose to explore a bit further and they didn't return apart from one who came back to  us with wild staring eyes.  He told us that the S.S. were placing infants and babies on chairs and shooting them non-stop.  I don't think we could envisage anything any worse anymore.  Our feeling and emotions at this time were of utter disbelief and non-comprehension.  Because of this I was determined to make a last stand.  When I looked around I could find no similar response from my fellow prisoners.  What was the matter with them I thought, they were not like comrades in arms at all, they were just like sullen sheep to become shot or put to the sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment