Tuesday 31 January 2012

Day 37 - "You will krepeer, - starve in a concentration camp"

"All this was too eagerly and well prepared for me to take the risk.  These thoughts were flashing through my mind in a matter of seconds but another reversal of thinking was also saying to me, you are trained, you know the luger isn't loaded, take it, its the last chance you will have, the luger is heavy and the weight could make it a good missile, throw it at the living skeleton behind the door and then jump your accuser no matter how strong he is and what hidden weapon he may have, and out you go through the window like a bird to freedom or eternity.  The trouble was I couldn't fly.  I was getting in a mood or a trance, if you like, with the temptation.


It was coming to split seconds now, when suddenly, from nowhere, a small hurricane or inward draught occurred and the windows were thrown or rather sucked shut with a very loud thunder clap which woke the three of us out of this provocated vacuum atmosphere of foreboding.  The figures in this drama started moving again awakened - just like a scene in a movie.  A whirlwind of most divine nature had saved me at the very last minute as time had been ticking dangerously away for me.


Who knows what could have happened there!  I am very strong, I know that, all the Fynaut's have always been strong but so was my adversary and the poor soul behind me was a wiry little devil waiting with his pistol at the ready.  They must have realized that I was never going to talk or bend even under torture.  I was not that type and I would rather die.  It was a waste of time for them.


In a harsh voice, after having tapped away again on his typewriter and underlining it with red ink, he said,


"You will krepeer, - starve in a concentration camp"!


Sentenced to die, that was my verdict! Just like the inquisition which they seemed to have copied, that was the ordeal, the last solution.  No courts, no justice, no trial or anything!!!!


He called the guards to take me back now.  I didn't act like I seemed very impressed, just walked away as if I was going calmly to a firing squad but it was not to be yet, concentration camp, he had said, another chance for me after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment