Tuesday 11 April 2017

Day 192 - People lost at Buchenwald Concentration Camp 72 years ago - Gone but not Forgotten!

Many kind people, from many nations and cultures helped my dad survive until,  The Liberation of Buchenwald, April 11, 1945. 72 years ago today!  He was liberated officially around 3:15 European Time.
The people who died in Buchenwald are gone but not forgotten!
My dad was a liberated man way before the official clock time!

In no particular order....my dad's helpers!

Americans
Belgians
Dutch
English
Germans
Gypsies
Jewish people from all over Europe
Non Jewish people from all over Europe
Russians


The French girls from Lille in France.

I Wish You Enough .... Author unknown

Recently I overhead a father and daughter in their

last moments together at the airport.  The airline had
announced her departure and standing near the
security gate, they hugged and said, "I love you. I
wish you enough."

She in turn said, "Dad, our life together has been 

more than enough.  Your love is all I ever needed.  I
wish you enough too, Dad."  They kissed and she left.

He walked over towards the window where I was

seated.  Standing there I could see he wanted and
needed to cry.  I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but
he welcomed me in asking,  "Did you ever say
good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied.  "Forgive me for asking, but

why is this a forever good-bye?"I am old and she
lives much too far away.  I have challenges ahead,
and the reality is, the next trip back will be for my
funeral," he said.

"When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, "I

wish you enough.  May I ask what that means?"

He began to smile.  "That's a wish that has been

handed down for many generations within my family.
My parents used to say it to everyone."

He paused for a moment, looking up as if trying to

remember it in detail, he smiled even more.  "When
we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the
the other person to have a life filled with just enough
good things to sustain them," he continued and then
turning toward me he shared the following:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in
life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you
possess.
I wish you enough 'Hellos" to get you through the
final 'Good-byes'

Then he walked away.


I WISH YOU ENOUGH!



No comments:

Post a Comment