Friday 30 December 2011

Day 2 - Credit Where Credit is Due

I would like to acknowledge my cousin, the one with the big feet who works in  London, for pointing me in the right direction in relation to starting a blog about my Dad.  As my Dad would say : "Credit where Credit is Due".  I  hope that you solve the Higgs Bosun mystery soon!  You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to many others!


Excerpt from my Dad's book (in his own words not professionally edited).

Foreword: "My birth soon after the First World War, 1923, at the beginning of the depression was more a necessity than an accident ....  It took place in an attic with the sunrays forcing themselves through the tiny roof window within the vicinity of the dockland yards.  It was ideally placed for any creature of future adventures to have a window on  the world for which I would be gratefully and thankfully hereafter installed, especially as the time would speed away and make the freedoms we would so much like to uphold roll away like a hoop leisurely proceeding at it's own pace pushed by it's own impetus.

Luckily, my youth was completely taken in by the coming change of  wind - I don't know the reason: ...it comes to the point that you have just got to be a survivor.  One's poor presence is just enough sometimes to fill the contribution to the general influence of events on this planet.

My personal participation in things well done gives absolute satisfaction and contentment as having taking part in such events towards further constructive development.

The eternal strife of good and evil encountered continued to be a part of it all..."

"I am very lucky that my Dad had such a positive attitude as otherwise I would not be sitting here today!
I  resisted the urge to correct most of  my Dad's spelling and grammar.   He was Belgian by birth and leaving it in his own thoughts and words makes it more powerful for me and I hope for you too!
.
As my Dad would say, "Keep Good"!

No comments:

Post a Comment